Alta Motors is a fast paced company that is constantly testing, prototyping new parts and making rapid design changes. We are looking for a junior mechanic who can support the Research and Development team in the design and manufacturing of our motorcycles. Candidates should know their way around a bike,is comfortable working long hours and can accompany our team to test days.
- Remove and replace defective frame and body parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or other tools.
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance, according to manufacturer specifications.
- Inspect vehicles, and identify additional recommended services.
- Safely and effectively operate eddy dynamometer.
- Explain diagnostic test results to Principal Technician.
- Perform test rides and other tests.
Candidates should have experience as a motorcycle or powersport mechanic. Can work independently and demonstrates a good ability to learn and operate new computer systems. Candidates should also be Comfortable working with PC and Excel. Metal fabrication experience a plus.
- Position may require kneeling, bending, climbing, twisting, and lifting heavy objects.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- May be required to work more than 40 hours.