Alta Motors is looking for a Machinist skilled in the setup, operation and programming of CNC milling and turning centers. We are focused on prototype and low volume. The ideal candidate must be able to set-up, program with G code, and CAM. Must be proficient with blueprint reading, GD&T, surface finishes, speeds and feeds, machinery setup and operation, use of inspection equipment (bore gages, micrometers, calipers, etc...), and cutting tool selection based on material properties.
- Complete routine and preventative maintenance.
- Promote safety awareness and comply with safety rules.
- Good attendance and reliability is essential.
- Demonstrate continued improvement in the areas of quality and productivity.
- Actively contribute to the improvement of 5S through-out the company.
- Effectively use problem solving skills.
- Develop and maintain positive and respectful relationship with company personal.
- Use of lift trucks and cranes.
- Work overtime as required.
Minimum five years experience. Will train the right person to program with CAM.