As an R&D technician at Alta, you will be primarily focused on the battery system - the heart of the beast. You will build and test prototypes, help refine the manufacturing process and experiment with key technologies. You will work closely with scientists and engineers to get quick, useful results and provide feedback to drive improvements. It’s a tough challenge to work on the most critical part of the vehicle, but for the right person this is an opportunity to make a big impact.
- Build prototype battery subsystems and packs, carefully documenting issues and opportunities for improvement
- Design, source and build test setups, assembly fixtures, and inspection/check fixtures
- Become a master at running various test and manufacturing equipment
- Run tests, record data and observations, and communicate results to the team
- Help refine the battery manufacturing process for volume production
- Lend a hand on projects outside of battery and become familiar with the bike as a whole
Associate’s degree or higher preferred, minimum 4 years experience working on hardware, strong written and verbal communication skills, machining experience, electrical test/debug experience, able to understand engineering drawings and basic electrical schematics, experience with CAD (SolidWorks) preferred, eager to learn and take on new challenges, self-driven, and generally awesome.