senior manufacturing engineer
Alta Motors is entering the exciting phase of industrializing our performance motorcycle. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Manufacturing Engineer with high volume manufacturing experience that can lead the development and implementation of our assembly line. This is an exciting opportunity to build a world class manufacturing facility, building world class motorcycles right here in the Bay Area.
- Develop new manufacturing processes/assembly line
- Development of manufacturing equipment, fixtures, tools, work instructions, etc.
- Ensure product designs are feasible for manufacturing including production efficiency and built-in quality capability
- Process analysis including PFMEA, capacity modeling and line balancing
- Running process parameter DOE
- Management of equipment suppliers during design, buyoff and installation
- Characterization and validation of new processes for introduction to the production floor
- Experience with OSHA and ergonomic requirements
An ideal candidate will have BS/MS Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) and 7+ years of hands-on industrial/manufacturing/process experience. Additionally, candidate should be proficient in designing and costing mechanical equipment, fixturing, tooling and facilities. Finally candidate should be confident in creating technical specifications, work instructions, DFM, SPC and CAD.